The assault rifle 7.62 mm AR-M1 belongs to the firearms which action is based on the principle of conveying a part of the powder gases through a special port in the wall of the stationary barrel and their influence onto the bolt carrier.
The receiver is made from hot die forged solid blank followed by milling operations.
The barrel chamber is closed by turn of the bolt and engaging the firing stops in the receiver.
The weapon is fed from a 30-round arcuated staggered magazine, manufactured from glass fiber reinforced polycaproamide.
The sigh consists of sectors marked for shooting at a distance of up to 800 m.
The hammer-trigger mechanism has a hammer, which is activated by firing spring. This mechanism has a safety device for setting from single to automatic fire mode as well as contrariwise. The safety simultaneously serves as well as a safety level preventing the accidental shoots. It is located on the right hand side of the receiver and is formed as a long pivoted lever. When set in the utmost upper position the trigger is blocked. In this position the safety serves two other functions:
– prevents contamination of the receiver through the bolt carrier handle slot in the receiver cover;
– prevents from reloading the barrel chamber.
The lower hand guard, the upper hand guard, the butt and the pistol grip are made from glass fiber reinforced polycaproamide.
Made by Arsenal JSCo.
– luminous spot on the sights;
– black polymer magazines for 5 and 10 cartridges;
– front sight adjusting kit (in the ratio 1:10);
– set for magazines coupling;
– blank fire attachment;
– rail for night or optical sight;
– knife scissors
- Caliber, mm – 7,62
- Cartridge, mm – 7,62×39
- Fire mode – single and automatic
- Rate of fire, rounds/min – 600
- Practical rate, rounds/min
- automatic fire – up to 100
- single fire – up to 40
- Muzzle velocity, m/s – 710
- Sighting range, m – 800
- Maximum firing range, m – 1350
- Effective firing range, m – 400
- Magazine capacity, rounds – 30
- Barrel length, mm – 415
- Sight radius, mm – 370
- Overall length with plastic butt, mm – 930
- Weight, kg:
- rifle without magazine – 3.62
- Weight of loaded plastic magazine, kg – 0.77
- System life, rounds – 15 000
- Principle of function – gas operated automatic rifle
- Cleaning rod
- Magazine 4 pcs
- Bag for magazines
- Box with accessories (brush, drift, scourer, screwdriver)
- Oil can
- Number of rifles in one wooden box – 10
- Case dimensions, mm – 1380x530x387
- Weight of wooden case, kg – 86
- Volume of wooden case, m³ – 0.28